Google has released a beta version of Android 7.1.2 Nougat
Google announced the release preview version of Android 7.1.2 Nougat for developers. The latest update in the framework of the program of beta testing the Android Beta Program will be available soon to users of devices Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C, 5X Nexus and Nexus Player. Owners of Nexus 6P will also receive Android 7.1.2 Nougat, but a little later.
This time in the list of devices that will receive update, no Nexus 6 and Nexus 9. Google confirmed that they have ended a two-year term of official support, and devices will not be updated to Android 7.1.2. Despite this, Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 will continue to receive critical security updates.
Unlike the previous version, Android 7.1.2 significant innovations not contain. This update mainly includes bug fixes, various improvements and optimizations that increase stability and speed of OS operation. While Google does not specify all details of the upgrade, but publishes a list of possible problems:
- black screen during the transition from boot logo to the setup wizard;
- random disconnection of wifi after installation;
- SMS messages are not recovered when transferred from another device.
- in some cases, the disappearance of the item “Quick settings” on the devices Pixel C;
- Pixel launcher can “use Android trainer for running” during a search of applications with attached physical keyboard;
- sudden hang of the interface;
- stability issues wifi connection.