0x000007b Error When Launching Apps – How to Fix?
Error 0x000007b appears when running various applications on Windows. Usually the error is caused by damaged or absent MV C++ libraries. However, in rarer cases the error can be caused by outdated graphical drivers.
It is also important to note that 0x000007b is essentially the same as 0xc000007b, so you can safely use the tips below to fix the latter.
Fixing the 0x000007b Error
Reinstall MV C++
- Press WIN+S on your keyboard to bring up the system search bar.
- Type the query “Control Panel” and select the found result.
- Go to “Programs and components” (change the view mode to large or small icons).
- Find all versions of MV C++ library packages in the list of installed programs and uninstall them via RMB or the “Remove” button.
- Restart your PC.
- Download the necessary packages of distributed MV C++ libraries appropriate for your version of the OS.
- Install libraries and reboot your PC once again.
Updating graphics drivers
- Click on the Start menu and select “Device Manager”.
- Expand the “Video Adapters” section and find your video card there.
- Click on it and select “Update Driver”.
- In the new window, select the “Automatically search for drivers” option.
- Alternatively, you can install the drivers you need manually using the following links:
After reinstalling MV C++ and installing the current version of video drivers error 0x000007b should disappear.