How to fix Server Request Failed – Error code: -1 on HELLDIVERS 2?
HELLDIVERS 2 players face a lot of challenges, not only when fighting alien enemies, but also when trying to connect to the game’s servers. One of the most common problems is the “Server Request Failed – Error code: -1” error. This error can be a real stumbling block, especially when the player can’t even get past the intro video. In this article, we will look at how to fix this error and get back to the game.
Causes of the error
The error “Server Request Failed – Error code: -1” can occur for various reasons, including problems connecting to the game servers or due to incorrect client settings. Regardless of the cause, there are several proven methods that will help fix this problem and improve the gaming experience.
- Changing the download region on SteamOne of the most effective ways to solve the problem is to change the download region in the Steam settings. This can be done by going to Steam settings, selecting the Downloads tab and changing the download region. For example, if your current region is set to “USA”, try changing it to “Sweden-Stockholm” or to another region that may be more stable or less busy. After changing the region, it is recommended to restart the game.
- Deleting the settings fileAnother method is to delete the game settings file. To do this, go to the directory with the game files (usually
helldivers 2/data/), find the
settings.inifile and delete it. After deleting the file, it is recommended to check the integrity of the game files via Steam and run the game again. This method can help to reset incorrect settings that could lead to an error.
- Make sure your internet connection is stable. An unstable connection can cause many problems, including server connection errors.
- Check if your firewall or antivirus software is blocking the connection to the game servers. In some cases, you may need to add an exception to the game or temporarily disable protection.
- Follow the official HELLDIVERS 2 channels on social networks and forums. Developers can report current server issues and suggest temporary solutions.