How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x800f081f?
The 0x800f081f error is not uncommon when upgrading Windows. Typically, the error is caused by missing or deactivated .NET Framework 3.5. and .NET Framework 4.8. There are also other causes, but the above is the most common.
To activate the .NET Framework 3.5. component on Windows 10, you need to do the following:
- press WIN+S to bring up the system search box;
- enter the Control Panel query and select the found result;
- open the Programs and Features section;
- click the Enable or Disable Windows Components option on the left side of the window;
- enable and disable .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 4.8 in the list;
- restart your PC.
After such simple actions, error 0x800f081f will almost certainly disappear. However, if that doesn’t work, we recommend consulting our ultimate guide to fixing Windows 10 and 11 update errors.