AMD XGP Technology provides enthusiast-class graphics performance to notebooks through the use of an AMD XGP docking station.
- Allow additional displays for your system—Provides support for even more displays through the display connections on the AMD XGP docking station.
- Accelerate the performance of notebook displays—Provides enthusiast-class graphics performance to notebook displays and other displays that are connected directly to your system. When this option is selected, all graphics processing and rendering responsibilities are delegated to the AMD XGP docking station. All graphics processors (integrated and/or discrete) in your system and all displays connected to the AMD XGP module are automatically disabled.
AMD XGP docking stations must be connected to a system using an AMD XGP cable.
Configuring AMD XGP Docking Stations
The AMD XGP Docking Station page becomes available when an AMD XGP docking station is connected to your system. Use the page to configure the docking station for additional display support or accelerated graphics performance.
Make sure that you close applications before switching between AMD XGP Technology settings to ensure a smooth transition.
- Navigate to the AMD XGP Docking Station page using the following groups:
- Standard View—Desktops and Displays, Performance, or .
- Advanced View—Desktop Management or Performance.
- Select the appropriate option:
- Allow additional displays—Select this option to configure the AMD XGP docking station for multi-display support. Connected displays can be individually enabled and configured using the desktop and display management pages in the Control Center application.
- Accelerate notebook displays—Select this option to accelerate the graphics performance of the notebook display and/or displays connected directly to the system using the graphics processors in the AMD XGP docking station. Displays connected to the AMD XGP docking station and the graphics processors in your system are automatically disabled.
- Click Apply.
The current display configuration is updated accordingly.