Error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll may appear when trying to run a variety of programs, both system and third-party. This error can manifest itself for example when you run programs from the Microsoft Office suite. For example Power Point, Word or Excel. Or, when you run any modern games.
The error message: «This programme can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing. Try to reinstall this.»
Causes of Error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
So what is a file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll? This file is a dynamic link library containing a variety of code and data that can work with several programs at one time.
File api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is the so to say “cog” working in the Universal C Runtime or a universal runtime for the Windows operating system.
When your program tries to access this library and she can’t do that, just an error about this file you can observe.
Let us list some possible scenarios of what could happen with this file:
- File api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll could be damaged due to any events. For example, due to sudden shutdown of your computer. Or it is possible that this file was damaged by virus or malicious software.
- Various errors or damage entries in Windows Registry. Problems, errors or even bad sectors on the hard disk that lead to file corruption api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
- A third party utility changed version of the file, modified it or even deleted by mistake or accidentally.
- It is possible that this file is simply outdated.
Methods for solving error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
Methods for solving this error will be divided into two groups: primary and secondary. We start of course, with the main.
Method №1 Installing Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015
As mentioned in the causes, file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is part of Universal C Runtime. So this file must be in Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015.
Download library data you can from the official Microsoft website, or simply use the enclosed link below:
For 32-bit operating system version you need to download Visual C++ 2015 x86. For 64-bit versions need to download and install x86 64-bit version of Visual C++ 2015.
Method # 2 Install the update KB2999226
This library you can find the update for your operating system under the number KB2999226 for Windows Server 2008/Vista/Server 2008 R2/8.1. This update is part of Microsoft Visual C++, which are unable to correctly install.
You can find this update on the official Microsoft website, or use the handy link attached below:
You can also install the update KB2999226 via Windows update. Go to control Panel and select the appropriate option. To check for available updates. In the list you likely will find KB2999226.
Now let’s look at support solutions error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
Method # 3 Reinstall applications or games
It is possible that a problem has arisen that are run by the program. It may well be that when installing something went wrong and now the utility for whatever reasons, conflicts with file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
Try to reinstall the utility, and then check whether the disappeared of the problem.
Method # 4 Check PC for viruses and malicious software
Your computer could be used by viruses or malware, which damaged the system and its files. Check your PC with a scanner of Windows Defender(Windows Defender) or any other third-party antivirus that you trust.
If something is found, then confirm the deletion an infected object. Then try to run the application with which the problem occurred. If the error is still present in the system, then follow the first and second method, since the virus was removed and he will no longer corrupt the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
Method # 5 Restore Windows Registry
As mentioned in the causes of the error, with a record of the registration file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll could something happen. To restore the registry using a program such as Reg Organizer or CCleaner. They are very easy to use, so there should not be any problems in their operation.
Method # 6 Register file system
It is not the recommended way to solve the problem. But if you want to take a chance and you have run an alternative, you can try:
- Locate and download the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll from the network. Do this only from trusted sources.
- Place it in the directory C / Windows / System32 or in C / Windows / SysWOW64 (for 64-bit systems it is necessary to invest in both directories).
- Then press Ctrl + Win + R and type cmd. Or you can click on the “Start” button, right-click and choose from context menu “Command Prompt (Admin).”
- In the Open “command prompt” enter the command regsvr32 /u api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
- Then enter regsvr32 /i api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
Following the registration, restart your computer and then log on again try to start the troubled utility.
Method # 7 Run the System File Checker utility
Using the SFC system utility would be sensible idea to solve the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. This utility will say so “inventory” system files. It will check for damage and tries to fix them when she had the chance.
To start it do the following:
- As in the previous method, press Ctrl + Win + R and type cmd. Or, simply right-click on the “Start” menu and select “Command Prompt (Admin).”
- In the appeared “command line” write the sfc /scannow.
- We will start the system file checker. To pass it may take time, so you can be distracted. By the end of it, you will be shown a list of damaged files and whether they were corrected.
Reboot your computer and check if the error has been corrected with the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
Method # 8 System Restore
System Restore is probably one of the most radical methods of solving problems, but no less effective. This action will literally allow you to transfer your system “back in time”, at a time when she was in stable condition and no errors have been encountered.
For system Restore, do the following:
- Go to the control Panel by clicking right mouse button on “Start”.
- Choose the item “Restore”.
- Click “open system restore”.
- Then click “Next” in the appeared wizard window and select the desired point in time for recovery. Your computer may restart at this point, which is quite normal, according to the procedure.
As in the previous methods, check for errors api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. If it is still present in the system then, unfortunately, the only way to solve the problem would be a clean installation of the Windows operating system.