How to See Deleted Messages on Discord?
Deleted messages on Discord often carry unimaginable secrets…
As the owner of a Discord server, you have probably had to deal with members who are not very diligent in following the established rules. It’s hard to prove someone’s guilt, especially if the suspect has already managed to delete his old messages. And issuing kicks and bans without any proof is just a bad taste.
In today’s article we’ll show you how to read deleted messages on Discord.
Can I Read Deleted Messages on Discord?
You cannot read deleted messages in the regular version of Discord. If the developers are to be believed, the process of deleting a message means that data about it is also deleted from the messenger servers themselves. Once a message is deleted, there is no way to get it back.
BetterDiscord for Reading Deleted Messages
BetterDiscord is a special program which improves the functionality of the original application many times over. Thanks to BetterDiscord and MessageLoggerV2 plugin (can be downloaded separately when installing the program), server owner can put all messages from members to the special log – there will be deleted messages.
But you still can’t get access to the messages deleted prior to the installation of BetterDiscord (or any other similar program).
- Download BetterDiscord installer on your PC and run it;
- accept the license agreement and click Next;
- select Install BetterDiscord and click Next;
- now select the installed version of Discord and click Install;
- wait for the installation to complete;
- download MessageLoggerV2;
- launch Discord and open its settings;
- go down to the bottom and select the Plugins section in the
- BetterDiscord settings;
- open BetterDiscord plugins folder and move previously downloaded
- MessageLoggerV2 to it;
- activate MessageLoggerV2 by toggling the slider next to it;
- if any of the libraries are missing on your PC, click Download Now and move the downloaded libraries to the plugins folder;
- activate the libraries like any other plugins;
- click the RMB on the server and select Message Logger→Add to Whitelist.
From now on, the message log will contain all messages in the selected server. Deleted messages will be highlighted in red – such messages are not visible to other server members. To access all messages:
- click the RMB on the server and select Message Logger→Open Logs;
- go to the Deleted tab.
As you can see, you can read deleted messages on Discord, but only with some caveats. We would like to point out that the use of such programs and plug-ins goes against the rules of Discord itself. Your account will not get banned, of course, but it is better not to share with the public servers about what you have installed for yourself.