Double click on a Logitech mouse: reasons and solutions
Many people know about the problem of double-clicking the mouse from the manufacturer A4tech. Due to the poor quality of components, mice often produce a couple of clicks instead of one. However, Logitech mice usually do not have a similar problem. Nevertheless, recently the number of such complaints has increased. At one clicks appear everywhere: on the desktop, in the application. There are those who mark the appearance of double clicks only in games.
Reasons for double clicks
To provoke a problem can:
- Hardware malfunctions. Physical problems in substandard parts or their marriage are not so common;
- The mouse is configured to produce double clicks instead of single;
- The accumulation of static charge. The problem appears on mice that have long been in active use;
- The button (on the microcircuit) or the spring is weakened and does not provide the desired recoil of the button. Because of this, the button is pressed once or more;
- Driver failure or damage;
- Breakdown of mouse components, usually preceded by a fall. If in the recent past the mouse fell, it may cause damage to the components.
To identify the cause of the problem, you need to try to connect the mouse to another computer. This simple method helps to determine whether the cause of the problem is in software or hardware failure. If the mouse is operating normally on another PC, the problem is in the system, and it can be fixed.
How to remove double mouse clicks Logitech?
Paradoxically, but quite often the problem appears in new Logitech mice. The company has officially confirmed that it knows about the problems, and therefore offers options for correcting them.
Checking the mouse settings
If there is no working mouse nearby, you can use the Tab button, which will move to the next interface element. Open item is capable of the Enter button.
What do we have to do:
- Press the Win + R combination, type in the “control” field and click the Enter key.
- While in the “Control Panel”, in the “View” item, set the “Big icons” view (located in the upper right part of the screen).
- Open the item “Mouse”.
- Move the slider that adjusts the speed of the double click to the minimum value.
Helped? If the situation has not changed, another manipulation should be carried out.
- Click the Win + S keys, insert the phrase “Opening setting” and select the found partition.
- Check the box next to “Open double and highlight with one click”, then follow the “Apply” change and close the window.
- Restart the computer and make sure that the mouse is working properly.
Static charge (for wireless)
With the help of the proposed instructions in this section, it is possible to remove the accumulated charge, which prevents the normal operation of the Bluetooth mouse.
Algorithm of actions:
- Disable the mouse through the button or switch on its body.
- Remove batteries or battery from device.
- Now time after time you should click the left and then right mouse button. So you need to do 45 seconds.
- Return the mouse to working condition by inserting batteries and turning it on.
Mouse Driver Check
Often, problems in Logitech mice cause an outdated, improperly installed, or missing driver. It is worth reinstalling it.
Driver Reinstallation Guide:
- Press the key combination Windows + R, insert “devmgmt.msc” and click on the Enter button.
- In the new window, open the list “Mice and other pointing devices”.
- Select the installed Logitech mouse, right-click on the option “Delete Device”.
- Disconnect the mouse, remove the batteries and leave it for a couple of minutes, then re-pair the procedure.
- Windows will automatically pull up the mouse drivers from its memory and install the necessary software in the system. If the system did not do it yourself, you will have to download the driver from the official site.
The meaning of the procedure is to adjust a small metal plate. Over time, it loses its elasticity and bends. If earlier it was quickly returning to its place, it now provides only slow returns. Therefore, instead of a single click, it does several. Another likely problem is a broken microcontroller, which drives the whole mechanism.
How to repair a mouse manually:
- Flip the mouse and spin it. Bolts are usually under the legs, so they need to be removed carefully or purchase new ones in advance.
- Pay attention to the small black block at the place where the left mouse button is. This mikrik is responsible for keystrokes. It needs to be opened, having picked up gaps from one side and the other.
- Bend the metal tongue of the microcontroller up.
- Assemble the mouse back and check the result.
If this does not help or the microcontroller is not folding, you can drive into the Internet its number indicated on the side to buy a new one. Soldering a few contacts is easy, but as a result – a distinct, clear click. The mouse should last at least 1-3 years, depending on the activity of use.
Logitech mouse is not so cheap to throw it away when double clicks appear. Almost always everything can be repaired independently without large financial and time costs.
Leave a Reply