An error 0xc0000022 presents itself as a common fact. But don’t worry about that because the detailed explanation of how to fix an error 0xc0000022 is described below.
Ways to eliminate the code 0xc0000022?
Keep in mind that the 0xc0000022 code may be caused not by a single problem and we don’t know exactly what particular issue do you have. So here is a list of actions that should help everybody.
- Application error 0xc0000022 may be a consequence of the damage of the file that is responsible for interaction with the video library. Thus, first and foremost we recommend you to install or upgrade the video card drivers.
- Install the recent version of DirectX for your OS. Damaged or missing files d3d*** can also be the reason that the message “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000022” appears.
- It is worth mentioning that the error code 0xc0000022 while running the app is similar to the 0xc000007b. In both cases, it often helps to start the game or application with an administrator privileges. Try it.
- If there are any uninstalled Windows updates awaiting confirmation, you’d better make it happen.
- Restore Windows security settings to a value of “default”. The details about how to do it are written on the Microsoft official site.
- Scan your PC for viruses. It is very likely that the system files have been removed by the malicious software. In addition, it is advisable to add a game or an application in your antivirus software exceptions.
- If nothing helps, then reinstall the game. It is possible that the problem with an error 0xc0000022 may be hidden in the game files.
- Finally, the last way out is a system recovery. If you have not encountered this problem, try to roll back the changes. It is possible that some imprudent action or installing the unknown software could lead to the emergence of 0xc0000022
We believe that if you look at the problem thoroughly and follow each item so you will definitely figure out how to eliminate “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000022” and it won’t disturb you anymore.