Windows can not boot, issuing an error code 0xc0000221. It means that the driver or the dynamically connected OS library has been corrupted.
To solve the problem, do the following:
- Use DISM and SFC. Utilities are launched via the command line with such requests:
- dism.exe /image:ХХХ:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- sfc /scannow /offbootdir=ХХХ:\ /offwindir=ХХХ:\windows
, where XXX is the letter of the local disk on which the OS is installed.
- Restore the OS from the installation disk (flash drive). In this case, you need to use the Windows image that is installed on the computer.
- Make sure that there are no lines in the Device Manager with an exclamation (question mark). If there are no suitable drivers for any equipment, then install them.
- Check the discs for errors. This is done on the command line by running the Chkdsk / f / r command.
- Make sure that the RAM is working. Utilities similar to Memtest + will help in this. It is preferable to perform a check for each memory strip separately.
- Increase the amount of paging file. Sometimes the available space is not enough for the OS to work properly, because of what the 0xc0000221 crash occurs.
Found a mistake? Highlight the text and press Ctrl + Enter