How to Uninstall Cortana in Windows 11 and Windows 10? Detailed Guide
How to uninstall Cortana? It’s very easy! The main thing is to follow the simple instructions.
Cortana is an incredibly useful Windows 10 and Windows 11 voice assistant… but only in the selected countries. Simply put, a useless tool is an unnecessary tool, and therefore there is no shame in getting rid of it. In today’s article, we will show you how to remove Cortana in Windows 10 & 11.
How to Remove Cortana via PowerShell
There’s nothing easier than removing unwanted Cortana from your OS using PowerShell, a powerful multifunctional terminal. Literally enter a single command, and you’re done! Here’s what you need to do:
- press WIN+X and select PowerShell (as administrator);
- type Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.549981C3F5F10* | Remove-AppxPackage in the terminal and press ENTER;
- wait for Cortana to be removed from the system.
The guest from Halo won’t bother you again, at least not on your main Microsoft account. To remove Cortana for all users on your computer, use the following command:
- Get-AppxPackage -allusers *Microsoft.549981C3F5F10* | Remove-AppxPackage
Among other things, it is recommended to deactivate Cortana in the system autorun. This can be done as follows:
- press WIN+I to open the Settings window;
- go to Applications→Autoboot;
- turn off Cortana by moving the slider to the Off position.
- click RMB on the Start button and select Task Manager;
- click the tab with the speedometer icon on it;
- find Cortana in the list of programs, click on it RMB and select Disable.
Alternative Methods of Cortana Removal
By alternative methods, we mean programs from third-party developers. Among such programs we can highlight:
Any of these programs will help you with Cortana removal, both on Windows 10 and Windows 11. There are others as well, but we highly recommend that you read the reviews on them properly. Plus, you should only download this type of software from official sources. Be careful.
Please share your Cortana removal successes in the comments! If you do not succeed, please describe the situation. Maybe we and our site visitors can help you in some way.