“Error NW-31449-1” on the PlayStation 4 game console means that there is not enough space in the system to load the game. In this case, failure occurs even in those systems in which there are huge amounts of available space. The reasons for the error go beyond the banal lack of memory. Read more about them and how to solve problems.
Causes of Error “NW-31449-1”
There are at least 3 main reasons:
- An external hard drive is not properly connected. This can also be attributed to the lack of free space on it.
- Random PlayStation 4 system crash . In this case, the errors produced do not reflect the essence of the problem. The amount of disk space does not affect the appearance of the error NW-31449-1.
- Little free space. First, the disk must have the minimum of space that is specified in the system requirements for the game. Secondly, it is important to take into account that, in addition to the space for the installed game, there must also be a place for the loaded distribution. Thus, if the weight of the game is 60 GB, you need to have at least 120 GB of free memory before starting to load it.
Ways to Fix NW-31449-1 Error
Work fixes have already been found for this failure, all of which are described below.
Check available space
Determine the amount of free memory is not difficult, just go to the “Settings” and select the “Memory” section. If an external hard drive is connected, its characteristics and the amount of free memory are described in the internal tab “External Storage”.
Important! If an external HDD is connected via USB, but is not displayed as storage in the “Memory” tab, the wrong file system is now installed on it. You need to format the disk, this procedure is required when you first connect to the console.
How to format a disk:
- Select “Settings”.
- Go to the “Devices” section, and then the “USB Drives”.
- Activate the function “Format as external storage”.
After formatting is complete, the installation of all games by default will begin to run on an external HDD. This should already be enough to resolve the error “NW-31449-1”.
If there is no external disk or it is full of applications, you need to free up memory:
- Go to the “System Memory” (“External Storage”).
- Select a game and click the “Options” button.
- Activate the option “Delete”.
Restart PlayStation 4
A simple reboot helps to eliminate random system failures, some of which can cause an error. It is especially useful to make a restart in cases where the console has not been turned off for a long time. After restarting, temporary files are cleared from RAM.
Important! First of all, you should check that the user is authorized in the system under his own account PSN. For unclear reasons, unauthorized users get this error, unrelated to the source of the failure.
How to restart PS4:
- Press the “Power” button and select “Turn off the PS4 system” among all the options.
- Unplug the power cord from the PS4. This should be done when the console is already turned off, as evidenced by not only the disabled screen, but also the power indicator.
- Wait about 4-5 minutes for all residual currents to go away and complete temporary data clearing.
- Connect the cable and download the console.
Database recovery via safe mode
To eliminate database failures, you should:
- Completely disable the console from the button (all indicators should go out).
- Hold and hold the power button for 7-10 seconds. A signal to start the console will be a double beep.
- Connect the controller using a USB cable and press the PlayStation key.
- Activate Rebuild Database option – is responsible for rebuilding the database. It may take a lot of time.
- Upon completion of the database you need to restart the console.
- Try to download and install the game.
These are all known ways to correct the error “NW-31449-1” on the PlayStation 4 . We hope that some of them helped fix your problem.