What to do if Assassin’s Creed Origins freezes and crashes at the entrance to Alexandria
If you are faced with the problem that the game simply does not give you access to Alexandria, namely: the character is stuck at one place and the game crashes after a couple of seconds, then that’s what you need to do.
For a possible solution, please reinstall the game and Uplay application following the recommendations below:
Note: make a backup of the saves to the games before reinstalling the client.
Saves are in the following folder: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft Game Launcher \ savegames
1) Remove “Uplay” from the list of applications.
2) Delete the folder C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft Game Launcher
3) In the C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Drivers \ etc \ hosts folder, locate the hosts file, right-click on it and delete it .
4) Install Uplay in the directory C: \ games and be sure to run with the privilege of the administrator.
5) Install the game
Also do the following:
Disable background applications:
Also, errors can be caused by applications running in the background on your computer. Read and execute the following sequence of actions:
– Press the key combination Win + R
– In the appeared input line, type – MSCONFIG. Press ENTER
– Browse the list of startup items and select the Selective start option (if it is not already selected, if you do not see this function, make sure you select the ‘General’ option at the top of the window). – Uncheck the box “Load startup items”
– Click ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’, and restart the computer.
Clear temporary files:
– Press Win + R key combination
– In the appeared input line enter %TEMP% and press Enter.
– Select the files by pressing Ctrl + A together. After the files are selected, click the Delete button.