How to fix the disk write error in Dark Souls 3?
Dark Souls 3 is one of the 2016 most popular games and its fans would like to play the masterpiece without any issues. Especially when you consider that the game is distributed via Steam, where people pay a large sum of money for game content.
One of the most common issues of DS 3 is the disk write error. Below one can read the exact instructions on how to fix the disk error in Dark Souls 3.
- go to the Steam folder;
- find “Steam apps” there;
- go into the folder titled “Common”;
- scroll down to the very bottom;
- find the “Dark Souls III” file with the blank page icon;
- remove it and run the game.
These steps have helped a lot of people, so one should try it for sure. If your game application still doesn’t work, then try another method.
- go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps folder;
- right-click on the “Common” folder and select “Properties”;
- go to the “Security” tab and push the “Edit” button;
- activate the “Allow full control” option and apply changes;
- activate the same option in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Downloading folder’s properties.