In the English and Russian forums there are quite a few topics dedicated to 2CoD: Black Ops 4 “errors with codes 174350744 and 897625509. While the developers are thinking about solving these failures, the players really want to devote themselves to the game. Therefore, the gamers themselves have found ways to solve the errors. We collected those solutions from the forums that helped someone correct the errors, because of the lack of accurate information about the causes of failures, we have to rely on experience and sort out the possible remedies.
Method number 1: update / reinstall the video driver
Many recommend updating the video card drivers, but in this case there is a risk that Windows will not automatically find the necessary files. The best thing is to manually download the drivers and install them, so we will know for sure that the actual drivers are installed.
How to reinstall the video driver:
- go to the website of the video card manufacturer in the section for downloading drivers;
- choose the series and model of the video card installed in the computer;
- Download the latest version of the video driver (it is necessary from the official site , we do not recommend using driver packs);
- Install the driver in the system.
Method number 2: eliminate conflicts with devices from the Razer
Honestly, it is very problematic software from Razer. It constantly conflicts with games, crashes or leads to errors. We recommend updating the installed drivers for all peripherals from Razer.
How to upgrade software:
- open the application “Razer Central”;
- go to the tab “Applications” ⇒ “My applications” ⇒ “Updates”;
- click on the “Update” button next to all available updates;
- reboot the computer, to be sure that the updates have taken effect.
It may be that in the latest software version, the error persists. To check the health of the drivers, we recommend that you close all programs from Razer from the Task Manager and try to start the game.
Method number 3: reduce the maximum FPS
Due to the large FPS, the game criticizes and produces a wide variety of errors. Even the owners of the most high-end computers, there is no need to put too much FPS. It is better to set the limit at 240 frames per second or lower. Here you will have to experiment, with what value “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4” will begin to work stably. The desired parameter can be set in the “Settings”. This method does not need detailed instructions.
Method number 4: check and restore files
One of the most effective and easy to implement ways. The Battle.net client has a built-in tool for repairing various damage from Blizzard games. It is enough to start scanning the data, and the search and recovery is performed automatically, without our participation.
How to run a scan:
- open the Battle.net client and go to the “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4” tab;
- under the name of the game, click on “Settings”;
- select the option “Check and Repair”;
- confirm the action with the “Start check” button.
After the search and restore is complete, we check the performance of the game.
In all known cases of errors with codes 174350744 and 897625509 one of the above methods helped.
We hope that these same methods will work for you. If more information appears, we will update the article.