If you see something like this during the game in Elex (screenshot below), then this article will be useful for you.
This problem is represented for almost all AMD GPU owners. So, if you noticed something like this, here’s what you should do:
- Open the ELEX folder
- Then open the data / ini folders
- You need to edit 2 files via WordPad: ConfigDefault.xml and ConfigDefaultNew.xml
- Look for “OceanMaterial = “(Or use Ctrl + F)
- Delete there [WT_Ocean_1._xmat]
- In the end, you should have [OceanMaterial =” »], you must delete only the contents of the quotes.
Done! It is worth mentioning that the decision is temporary, to fully solve the problem, you should wait for the official patch.