When trying to enter Star Wars Battlefront 2, many players may encounter errors such as 721 and 1017. Moreover, it does not matter on which platform you are trying to enjoy the new part in the Battlefront series, since errors can occur in all versions of Star Wars Battlefront 2 .
Of course, such problems raised a wave of resentment around an already scandalous game. The exact reason for the appearance of errors 721 and 1017 is currently not available. Some players assume that the reason lies in the network connection settings, which, somehow, conflict when connected to the servers of EA. Nevertheless, there are a couple of steps that, if you believe the words of lucky players on the network, can save you from this problem. In this article, we will consider them with you.
Fixing 721 and 1017 error for Star Wars Battlefront 2
No guarantee of eliminating errors 721 and 1017 in Star Wars Battlefront 2, unfortunately, the steps below do not give. However, many users claim that they were able to help them. Why do not you try, right?
Checking a connection to the Internet/resetting network settings
So, the first step is to reset your network settings when playing Battlefront 2 on a PC or checking the connection to the Internet if you own the PS4 console or Xbox One.
Console users here should not have problems: for example, for the PS4 you need to go to Settings → Network → Check the connection to the Internet. On Xbox One, the test is performed in a similar way. The process is automated and will not cause problems. Nevertheless, PC players suffering from errors 721 and 1017 in Star Wars Battlefront 2 will have to tinker with the system console or the Command line a little.
So, if you are the owner of Star Wars Battlefront 2 on your PC, you will need to do the following:
- Click on the Windows + X keyboard.
- Select “Command line (Administrator)”.
- When you open the console in front of you, enter the following series of commands:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset all
- netsh winhttp reset proxy
- ipconfig /flushdns
- Close the Command prompt and restart the computer.
After you have finished resetting the network settings, try again to log in to Star Wars Battlefront 2 and check whether there will be errors 721 and 1017. If everything is exactly the same – move on. Players on the consoles: checking the network does not in itself do anything – make sure that you have a reliable connection to the Internet. If everything is OK, then try the next step.
Public DNS addresses from Google
So, let’s move on to the next step, which should help to finally solve the problem with errors 721 and 1017 in Star Wars Battlefront 2. You need to change the addresses for the DNS server on the PC or consoles, depending on where you are playing. Let’s see how to do this on a PC:
- Go to Options → Network and Internet → Set up adapter settings → double-click LMB on the network connection → Properties → double-click LMB on “IP version 4.
- Set the address to 18.104.22.168. for the primary DNS server and address 22.214.171.124. for the alternative.
- Save the changes.
On the consoles, the DNS address will have to be slightly different. Let’s look at this in the example of PS4:
- Go to Settings → Network → Connect to the Internet → Use LAN / WiFi cable → Special → Automatic → Do not specify → Manual → …
- 126.96.36.199. – the main DNS-server, 188.8.131.52. – Additional DNS-server.
- Then go … → Automatically → Do not use → Check the connection to the Internet.
After completing the DNS change, go to check for errors 721 and 1017 in Star Wars Battlefront 2. Many users – both on the PC and on the consoles – claim that changing DNS can help with this problem. If you did not manage to get rid of the error 721 or 1017, then, probably, EA servers are experiencing some difficulties at the moment.