If the Apex doesn’t want to identify the controller you’ve got, then you should use one of the solutions that are described below.
- Make sure that your controller is plugged in.
- Go to the Windows Device Manager and find Xbox 360 Peripherals.
- Look for the Update Device Drivers option by clicking RMB on the Peripherals icon.
- Find the option Browse my computer to find the driver -> Let me choose from driver list and select the Wireless receiver for Microsoft Windows there.
- Confirm all the changes and restart the PC if necessary.
- You should delete all the Xbox drivers in the Programs and Features.
- Uninstall the wireless adapter and the HID from the Device Manager.
- Unplug the Xbox adapter before the OS will be restarted.
- Plug in the device after the reboot and let Windows install its software.
Note: you might need to plug the controller with the USB if the previous way gives no profits.
- Now run the game application.