“The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” is a well-developed game, but it is also not free from bugs and bugs. The agenda is one common mistake when the game client crashes without any message. The player simply throws it to the desktop. The solution to the error is complicated by the fact that the crit is random and does not give any idea about the type of error. Despite all the difficulties, we found solutions that really help eliminate the error.
Method number 1: reducing the quality of graphics
The game may become unstable with high graphics settings.
These crits appear due to developer flaws. Fortunately, such an error is simply removed. To eliminate accidentally appearing crites, go to the game settings and change the graphics quality to medium or low.
Method number 2: remove all add-ons
The forums report that some DLCs do not work well and create errors.
To make sure that the problem is not in add-ons, you will have to remove all add-ons and leave a clean game. If this helps, we can reinstall the add-ons, checking the performance of the game after each of them. If that didn’t help either, you’ll have to reinstall “The Witcher 3” completely.
Method number 3: reinstall the game
It is noticed that especially often “Witcher” criticizes in systems in which the main directories for storing games are the folders “Program Files” or “Program Files (x86)”.
When re-installing it is worth considering and change the path for installing files.
How to move and reinstall “The Witcher 3”:
- right click on the name of the game in the left part of the window and select “Properties”;
- go to the “Local Files” tab;
- click on the button “Change installation folder” and specify the folder in the root of one of the logical drives;
- check, sometimes the transfer of the game is enough to eliminate the error.
If the crits continue to appear, perform a reinstallation.
- PCM click on the “Start” button and select “Programs and Features”;
- choose a game from the list and click “Delete”;
- after deletion, go to the site “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” or look for the game on Steam;
- Download and install the game on your computer.
Method number 4: turn off the overlay on Steam
We can disable the overlay directly from the game using the “Shift + F2” button combination. If you are unable to enter the game, we can deactivate the overlay directly in the “Steam” client.
Algorithm of actions:
- select the element “Menu” (to the left of the “News”);
- go to the “Settings”;
- remove the selection from the second checkbox.
If the problem is programmatic, it should be corrected in one of the ways listed above.
There is also a possibility that the crash occurs at the time of overheating of the video card or processor. In this case, it will help to reduce the quality of graphics or improve the cooling system.