World of Tanks Blitz now automatically sends crash reports straight to our QA team, so that they may investigate the source of the crash and fix it as soon as possible. However, Game crashes can typically result due to low memory availability as a result of having other apps running alongside World of Tanks Blitz, or by your device being slowed down because it hasn’t been restarted in a while.
We recommend that you perform the following steps if you experience frequent crashes on your device:
1. Close all open applications running in the background.
- iOS devices can double-tap the Home button and swipe away all apps.
- Android devices vary and due to this please follow the instructions for your device. You can also go into the device settings and access “Apps” or “Application Manager” and Force Stop any downloaded apps. It may also help to Clear data/Clear cache as well. Pressing the “Clear memory” button to free up memory (RAM) will also help make sure you reach the minimum RAM requirements.
2. Restart your device if you haven’t done so in a while.
- OS device users should keep in mind that they must hold both the power and Home buttons and wait for a white Apple logo to appear in order to fully restart the device.
- Android users can hold the power button and tap “Power off” and let the device sit for at least 1 minute before turning it back on.
3. Please also ensure that your device is updated to the latest operating system version.
4. If restarting your device and ensuring no other apps are running in the background does not stop the crashes from happening we recommend performing a clean installation from the App Store/Play Store before you contact Support, as you might have a corrupt file in the app.
Should you contact support we will need you to provide us as much information as possible regarding the crash and all information regarding your device making sure that it does meet the minimum requirements.