How to Fix 0x80090016 Something Went Wrong on Windows 11?
I wanted to set a PIN for my Windows 11, but I got an error 0x80090016. I’m… I’m speechless. I have been having nothing but issues with this version of the OS lately, my head is pounding. Can you guys tell me what I need to do to fix this nonsense?
To fix error 0x80090016 when installing the PIN for Windows 11, you need to do the following:
- login to the OS under an administrator account;
- go to the C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\;
- get rid of the contents of the Ngc folder;
- if this does not fix error 0x80090016, press WIN+R and run gpedit.msc;
- go to Computer Configuration→Administrative Templates→System→Logon;
- activate the Turn on PIN sign-in policy;
- restart the PC.
View all comments