How to Fix 0x80888002 Update Error in Windows 11? (FIXED)
Tried to update my Windows 11 (to 22H2 I think), but failed due to 0x80888002 error. Why am I upgrading to this build only now? Well, I kept putting it off, what can I say. So, what should I do?
You encountered error 0x80888002 when upgrading to Windows 11 22H2 due to the absence of the TPM 2.0 module in your system. Fortunately, you can get around this requirement by doing the following:
- download the MediaCreationTool.bat file from Github;
- extract the archive contents to a convenient location;
- open MediaCreationTool.bat-main and navigate to the bypass11 folder;
- double-click Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd;
- confirm your intentions when asked;
- in the PowerShell window (blue console), press ENTER.
Leave a Reply