How to Fix 0xc00d36c4 Error When Playing Video and Audio
I tried to open the video files on my PC (Windows 11), but the 0xc00d36c4 error keeps popping up. I tried to open some audio files for the sake of experiment – same error. What to do? What is the reason? The system is new and has not had any use yet.
The 0xc00d36c4 error often occurs when playing video/audio files on newly installed Windows 10 and 11. The error may also occur when playing media files on external drives and from CDs/DVDs using Windows Media Player.
Here’s what you can do to fix (or at least bypass) error 0xc00d36c4:
- install a bundle of media codecs on your system;
- update the video drivers;
- open needed files via VLC or MPC;
- reinstall drivers for USB controllers;
- turn off write protection in Windows Media Player.
Generally, one of the above methods will clear the error and open any media file.
View all comments