How to Fix ‘DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason’?
Sons of the Forest crashed with the DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason error. A fool knows that this is a DirectX issue, so I tried to update it. It did not help. Decided to install all the updates on Windows 11 – that was useless too. What can be done?
The “DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason” error is often caused by outdated graphics drivers. Use the links below to update your drivers:
After installation, be sure to reboot your PC. If nothing changes, you can try the following:
- experiment with the graphics settings in the game;
- change the monitor refresh rate;
- reset the overclocking of your video card (if you have any);
- check the integrity of the game files (or reinstall it);
- roll back the video card drivers to an earlier version.