‘Disconnected from Steam’ Error in Warzone 2.0 | Modern Warfare 2
I was playing Warzone 2 and then the error Disconnected from Steam popped up. The game, as I understand, completely crashes, and in its place appears a small window with a critical error. The Steam client seems to work fine, the Internet is fine (I checked in the browser).
“Disconnected from Steam” may appear when playing Warzone 2 or Modern Warfare 2. The error occurs both during the initial launch and during the gameplay itself. To resolve the error, we recommend trying the following:
- disable the “On-Demand Texture Streaming” option in the graphics settings;
- restart Warzone 2 (be sure to close all game processes via the Task Manager!);
- check the status of game servers;
- add the game to the list of exceptions of antivirus and firewall;
- check integrity of game files in Steam.
As a rule, some of the above helps the player to get rid of “Disconnected from Steam” in Warzone 2 | MW2.