Error 0x80070780 in Windows 10 when installing a game
Good afternoon! I tried to install A Plague Tale: Innocence but couldn’t do it. Constantly crashes when starting the game. I decided to reinstall the game and ran into an error 0x80070780. What I just did not try, but I could not remove it. Tried through the command line, got the right to delete, even from safe mode. Everything is in vain. Help advice. I just say right away that reinstalling Windows is not an option for me. I’m happy to listen to any sane solutions.
Good afternoon! I managed to find information on your error and its solution. By the way, it turned out to be quite interesting. Here’s what you should do:
- Disable “Quick Startup” in the power settings.
- Download and transfer Ubuntu to a USB flash drive.
- We restart the computer and, when prompts appear, you will need to select Boot Mode (most often F8).
- We start Ubuntu in the mode you want. There will be several options.
- Go to the folder where your game is located.
- We delete it, this time without error 0x80070780. Immediately clear the game and from the basket.
- We return to Windows and enjoy the result.
The same can be done through Linux.
Leave a Reply