Fix my error 0x80070216 when updating windows
My Windows 10 is pretty outdated and so I decided to update it. But the process stops at 23% and error 0x80070216 appears. Repeated attempts lead to the fact that after a time the update either completely freezes, then an error is shown. Is there any efficient solution?
Good day! There have been repeated mentions that BCD repair is working, as well as resetting the cache of the Microsoft Store and the Windows Update service. It is also worth trying to manually install the KB4016635 update, installing the new version should work with it.
Instructions for restoring BCD via the console:
- select disk 0 (disk number may vary);
- list volume (we are looking for a volume without a letter with FAT32 or ESP format);
- select volume (up to 500 MB);
- assign letter=Z: (assign letter);
- cd /d Z:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\ (move the folder);
- attrib Z:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD -h -r –s (remove hidden, system and read-only files);
- ren Z:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD BCD.old (rename BCD to create a new one);
- bootrec /rebuildbcd (the restore process itself).
Leave a Reply