How do I fix error 0x80070422?
I have been trying to update my Windows 10 for a few days now, but I keep getting 0x80070422 error. I thought that the system was running out of space (my main problem), so I cleaned my SSD a bit, but it didn’t make any difference.
Most often error 0x80070422 occurs as a result of the Windows Update service suddenly ceasing to work or its startup settings have been changed.
Try the following on your PC:
- press WIN+S on your keyboard to invoke the system search engine;
- type Services and select the result;
- find Windows Update Service in the list of services and double-click on it;
- in Startup type, select Automatic;
- click Run button and save your changes.
Try updating your operating system again. This time the error 0x80070422 may have disappeared. If the error is still present and you still can’t update Windows, then we recommend referring to our guide on how to fix Windows update errors.