How to Transfer Old Save Files to The Witcher 3 Next-Gen
I heard that patch 4.0 was released this month for The Witcher 3 with a bunch of new content. Is it possible to transfer my old saves to this version of the game? I have already finished a big part of the story, and I don’t want to play the game again from scratch. And the game weighs about 40 GB, so I don’t want to download it for nothing.
You can safely transfer your old save files to the next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. You didn’t specify your platform – we’ll go over each of them briefly.
Transferring save files from PS4 to PS5:
- run the game on PS4 and make sure it has been updated to version 4.0 (will be indicated on the home screen);
- go to the save load section and press the L2 button on your gamepad;
- connect to your personal GOG account;
- after syncing with your account, cross-platform saving will be enabled on your console;
- now go to the game and save to create a new version save file (it will have a cloud icon);
- launch The Witcher 3 for PS5 and open your rewards section;
- sign in to your personal GOG account to synchronize your cloud save files.
Transferring save files from Xbox One to Xbox Series X/S
On Microsoft consoles it’s pretty simple: just be connected to the same network to upload your save files to Microsoft’s cloud servers. Transferring save files can also be done manually by using the transfer over the network.
Transferring PC save files from 1.32 to 4.0
Save 1.32 is fully compatible with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 4.0. Launch the updated game and load into the last save available to you. When you next save, you will see version 4.0 and a cloud icon next to the save file, which means that the file has been uploaded to the cloud storage. Note: 4.0 save files are not compatible with the 1.32 version of the game!