Valorant ‘Please Close Other Riot Games Products Before Signing Out’ (FIXED)
I wanted to log out of my main Valorant account, but then the ‘Please close other Riot Games products before signing out’ error poped up. It seems the game is asking me to close some other Riot games, even though there’s nothing else running at the background. I have run into other bugs in this game, but this is a first. Like… what do I do? The game won’t let me log in to my 2nd account!
The ‘Please close other riot games products before signing out’ error is a frequent occurrence for Valorant players. As a rule, such a message appears when a player is trying to log out of an active Valorant account but has other Riot games running in the background. However, in some cases, the message can appear by mistake when the player has only Valorant running on his PC and nothing else.
What can be done in the latter case? There is a solution, but it will take time to implement. Try the following on your computer:
- exit the Riot Games client. Click RMB on the Valorant shortcut and select “Locate File”;
- go to “UX” and run “RiotClientUX”;
- click on the profile icon in the upper right corner and select “Log out”;
- press WIN+R and execute “appdata”;
- navigate to the “Local” folder, then to the “Riot Games” folder;
- delete the “Install VALORANT”, “Riot Client”, and “VALORANT” folders;
- now uninstall Riot Vanguard from your computer (preferably through the Control Panel);
- run Valorant to load the deleted data;
- restart your PC after the download is complete and start Valorant again.
After the above, the ‘Please close other Riot Games products before signing out’ message should disappear and you should be able to log out of your Valorant account normally.