How To Fix Rust EAC Authentication Timed Out Error
I get an Rust EAC Authentication Timed Out error when connectin’ to a server. Already tried some “fixes”, but nothing helps. Is this some sort of a global problem or what? Thanks in advance!
EAC Authentication Timed Out is not a new problem for Rust. And fortunately, players have been able to find a potentially working solution for it. Try the following:
- close Steam;
- remove any compatibility modes for previous versions of Windows from the Rast properties (if you have any);
- go to C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyAntiCheat;
- run the EAC executable file, select Rast and click Remove;
- remove EAC from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rust folder;
- reboot your PC
- disable antivirus and firewall;
- disable MSI Afterburner, Corsair ICUE, Samsung Magician and other similar apps;
- launch Rast and close it right away;
- run the game file integrity check;
- launch Rast again and check if there is any issues.
Surprisingly, this sequence of actions should get rid of the EAC Authentication Timed Out error in Rast.
View all comments