STATUS BREAKPOINT on Google Chrome – How to Fix?
Google Chrome periodically shows an error STATUS BREAKPOINT. Not every time, but when I go to some sites, it appears. I haven’t installed or uninstalled anything. I have 10 on my PC. What is the problem?
The STATUS BREAKPOINT error often occurs with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers when you visit some web-resource. Usually the cause of the error is an outdated browser version. To update Chrome you need to:
- click on ••• in the right corner of the window and select Help→About Google Chrome browser;
- wait for the new update to install;
- restart the browser.
The Edge browser update process is done in much the same way:
- click ••• in the right corner of the window;
- select Help & Reviews→About Microsoft Edge;
- wait for the update to install;
- restart Edge.
If the browser update did not help to get rid of STATUS BREAKPOINT, we recommend:
- install all pending updates for Windows 10;
- disable or deactivate unnecessary browser extensions;
- reinstall the browser completely (remember to make a backup);
- try out a different browser.