How to Unlock an iPhone if You Forgot the Passcode (2023)
Not a single mobile device is without a passcode. After all, we live in a world where our personal data can be stolen by intruders at any time. Each of us has a different passcode: long, short, complex, simple. And there are such moments in life… when you simply forget your passcode. iPhone owners do this too.
Luckily, you can unlock your iPhone even if you forget your passcode in three different ways!
Unlock an iPhone via iTunes
The classic and most proven way to unlock iPhone, for this forgot password is to restore the device via iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer/macbook via a USB cable;
- run the iTunes program;
- go to “Devices” and select your device;
- now click the “Browse” and “Restore” options;
- wait for your phone to be restored.
It is worth noting that with this method, your personal data will remain completely untouched.
Unlock an iPhone via iCloud
It is important to remember that this method will only work if you have configured iCloud beforehand and it is installed on your phone.
- Go to the official iCloud website and enter the “Device Search” subsection;
- click on the iPhone you want to unlock and select the “Erase” option;
- write your personal password in the corresponding field and click “Done”.
Wait until the reset of your device is complete, then log in to your device. All previously set passwords will be deleted.
Unlock an iPhone via Reflashing
If none of the above works, it’s time to take up reflashing your phone. Be aware that all personal data in this case will be deleted from the device.
- Turn off the iPhone and hold down the volume- and power button;
- while holding down the aforementioned buttons, press the side button;
- connect iPhone via cable to PC/Mac;
- launch iTunes on your computer and select the “Repair iPhone” option.
Once the restore is complete, you will have a clean but working iPhone in your hands.