What to do when Call of Duty: WWII does not work on Steam after being downloaded
Many users who downloaded Call of Duty via Steam and tried to launch it witnessed such an inscription: “It seems that last time Call of Duty: WWII was not turned off due way “, as well as the “Play” button was unavailable. It’s a pity, but this problem took place even in the beta test, and to the release guys from the Sledgehammer Games did not completely eliminate it. Strangely enough, the source of the problem is not hidden in the game itself, but in its work with Steam services. All due to the fact that during the release of CoD, the developers changed the distro, and users who downloaded the game for a long time, eventually downloaded the mix from the files from different versions of the game. The solution to this situation is to check the integrity of the game files.
So, if you encounter this problem, here’s what sequence of actions you need to perform:
- Open the Steam library;
- Right-click on Call of Duty: WWII;
- In the drop-down menu, click on “Properties”;
- In the appeared window you need to go to the tab “Local files”;
- Click the “Check the integrity of game files …” button.
- Now Steam will start a process that compares the downloaded files with the “original” on their own servers. Data files that failed the test will be downloaded again, and now the game will start correctly.
We hope this instruction was useful for you, and you’ve managed with your problem.
Leave a Reply