One of the Dark Souls 3 critical issues is the game won’t start 0xc000007b error. The application refuses to run in Steam and won’t start when launching directly from the Steam directory.
Let’s see how to fix this issue. The first method is quite complicated, but it can help you find the right solution.
- go to Steam\steamapps\common\Dark Souls 3\CommonRedist;
- find the vcredist.exe file there and run it;
- press the “Repair Microsoft Visual C++” option in the opened box;
- go to Steam\steamapps\common\Dark Souls 3\DXRedist;
- run the DXSETUP.exe file and it will update the DirectX.
Sometimes the issue is much more tricky, so you have to make more actions in order to fix the problem.
In this case, go to the How to fix error code 0xc000007b article and follow the instructions.